Tuesday, August 29, 2006

3 and a half more steps to heaven

It was a long time since i made a decent post, you could tell i was busy. I have been studying my ass off for the mid semester test for Power Electronics. Thanks to our Malaysian lecturers last time who didnt really deliver the concepts and basics in electronics, most of the malaysian transfer students were threading deadly waters. On top of that, our course had been revamped. So this means since 2 years ago, we never had an past year papers to familiarize with the exam format. So we were studying blindly from the textbook. As usual all of us overstudied to avoid the worse case scenario of the most difficult combination of questions.

When the test over, all of us sprang to life. Everyone was bubbly, giggly and cheerful. Nobody concentrated for the classed lined up for the rest of the day. Everyone was stress free. I however was half as happy as them due to the few hours of sleep i got last night from burning the midnight oil. Following our usual routine in the evening, we went to the gym. We worked on our shoulders and abs. Tots has been my training all this while;my source of training routines and information. thanks man.

After the gym, Aik conducted the "SE7EN STEPS TO HEAVEN". OMG. The fitness routine performed by most footballers few days before an important match according to Aik. In other sports its called a different name. SOOO Aik being the experienced football coach, layed out 5 way points aligned in a empty path. Each way point is like 3 huge steps from each other. Seven steps means seven different varieties of running(more like sprinting) through and from the first to the last way point. And this is repeated 3 times.

I only made 3 and a half steps to heaven. Then my butt started to hurt due to ducking down and the touching of waypoints and swift turnings to head for another. I "pancited" badly. Lack of sleep really kills you when you do tiring exercises like this.

On the way back, my vision was blacking out slowly. I went to my room, rehydrated myself and lied down. I knocked out for 15 minutes, at least. I was half as dead compared to before when i woke up.

So, i learned that, when you dont have enough sleep...dont be stupid.

1 comment:

larnee said...

u haven't changed. *smiles*