Saturday, January 13, 2007

Malaysia boleh

Its been a while since my dad actually bought any DVD's in Msia because I was in Australia. So after making my suit in Amcorp Mall, we headed down to the "Vision Center". So, my dad and I couldnt stop picking out movies because obviously we havent seen all of them (movie deprived in australia).

So after our selecting we counter we had...14 DVDs..so we asked the guy.. how much? Then he said, buy 10 free 1, 10 bucks for 1. So he said.. you either deduct 3 or chose 6 more and when you buy 20 you get 3 free. so we ended up chosing 9 more dvds.. HEBATEST.. my dad and I was like..since we didnt buy for the whole of last year ...and its a holiday for me..why not?

I only had like 100 bucks in my wallet and my dad had 50 because he paid for the deposit for my suit....sooo..we were like discussing out loud whether we had enough. Then the DVD seller pointed to the corner of his cashier table. There was a credit cards transaction machine.

I literally laughed out loud at him and said..."yau mou!"

hahhaha. i meant what happened to Malaysia battle agains piracy and abolishing shops like this.. now they even can even manage credit card transactions? i wonder what they declare their business as? recordable DVD and CDs?

Why cant they curb piracy?
This business is providing income for families with a roof over their head and also a lucrative export. I spoke to a DVD seller before when i a cell, he said that his "tai kor" the leader for a certain area would bail him out if they were caught and made sure they had nothing tied against them. I cant remember how much they were paying, but i was really intrigued by his story of which police station lock up serves better food.

Yes, our DVDs are found as far as India, Thailand, Taiwan. etc. I guess its the Multimedia Super Corridor. But whatever malaysia boleh..it definitely is squash and pirated multimedia.

I wonder whats next?

No comments: