Sunday, April 20, 2008

101st

As I walked the streets of Burke, the chilling breeze blowing through my thin clothing. Heavy hearted, soul unrested, agitated.

I see souls from all walks of life walking hastily to a purpose. As they walk pass me, I turn to the side to catch a glimpse of their determine eyes. I pondered what was going through their minds with such focus.

I see happy faces, people who laugh at almost everything, who are so carefree. With a group of friends they are comfortable with, sharing whatever comes to mind and speaking it freely.

I see couples holding hands, hugging each other tightly bracing through the breeze. My hands found itself deeper in the pocket.

I then see people who arent so different from me, walking alone. Most of them walking and staring at the floor as they drag themself somewhere.

I then ponder, what would people perceive me as I pass by them.

"I give you a new commandment: love one another, as i have loved you"

No comments: