Wednesday, September 06, 2006

my first chlorine competition

After the field trip, i was supposed to represent roberts hall for a swim meet. At 7.30pm, all of us gathered at the roberts common room to head to the monash sports and recreation center. Thanks JC for accompanying me there, kept my nerves calm. I swam 2 events, the 25m x 4 relay and the 50m mens.

Okay.. the 50meters mens.
It was my turn to go, i was supposed to step on the dive board thingy.. (by the way i havent dived in the pool from a board) I stepped on thinking..should i step on the edge..or the middle..noooo..the edge is slippery (saw someone fell before this). Suddenly the referree blew his whistle.. I jumped..it was fantastic..like how a cat jumped into the water.. I jumped belly and head first.. a terrible start..at the corner of the eyes i saw everyone ahead of me. struggling to resurface myself.. i sped off..i was catching up...swimming somewhere in the middle...then..wall..eerrr..turn??(i was supposed to somersault, ive done it many times). whoops.. dead end.. touched the wall..stopped.. turn around.. AND i lost more time.. hahah...


later the 25m x 4, Jc said i swam intermediate in comparisson to the others (since there wasnt any diving nor turning around). hah. i smiled. the others in roberts didnt do too bad, christa got 3rd while reggie won the 25 meter breaststroke(he is a national swimmer). I spotted a Kit Wai look alike. same figure, face and built. like some say, a crab on a stick. he swam so fast, his hands looked like knives chopping meat with both hands. he sped off like a thorpedo.

my hamstrings and calves felt like rocks after the 2 events. my vision blurring..
it was a good competitive experience to learn from, laughing at my mistakes.

No comments: